Musical Sampling Boutique Drums Penny [KONTAKT]
We initially sought to create a kit that paid homage to the tighter rock drum mixes popularized in the 60’s and 70’s. We covered the toms and snare with cloth to dampen the decay/ring-out and incorporated some vintage mics used in that period alongside our modern array of microphones and gear.
After curating a kit with some beautiful and rare custom pieces, extensively sampling each drum, mixing the snot out of it and programming Penny to a tee – what we end up with is an instrument that suits far more musical contexts than we initially anticipated. Pretty cool stuff.
As per usual, we incorporated our repetition sampling techniques for realistic successive notes with the hi-hats and toms and six different hi-hat groove states that you can easily crossfade between for maximum expression.
– Full drum kit curated by Brian Scoggin (Casting Crowns)
– Kick, snare, cross stick, ghost snare roll, rimshot, three toms, ride (with crash), ride bell, two crashes, hihats, synced live hihat grooves (three recorded tempos – 90 / 120 / 140 BPM)
– Simple and intuitive mix interface
– Eight interchangeable “baked-in” mix presets
– Repetition sampling for all hi-hats/toms
– Live eighth-note hi-hat grooves recorded at 90 / 120 / 140 BPM that sync to your DAW’s tempo
– Crossfadeable hi-hat grooves (fades between five different hi-hat states; from tight to all-open)
– Groove Speed control (Half/Normal/Double)
– Adjustable Humanization feature (Off/Tight/Natural/Loose)
– Assignable Kontakt outputs for each drum group
– 7,2 GB compressed NCW format
– Recorded in 48khz / 24bit
– NOT compatible with Free Kontakt Player!