Fundamentals of Image, Audio and Video Processing Using MATLAB®: With Applications to Pattern Recognition
- Covers fundamental concepts of image, audio, and video processing
- Demonstrates the use of MATLAB® on solving problems on media processing
- Discusses important features of Image Processing Toolbox, Audio System Toolbox, and Computer Vision Toolbox
- MATLAB® codes are provided as answers to specific problems
- Illustrates the use of Simulink for audio and video processing
- Handles processing techniques in both the Spatio-Temporal domain and Frequency domain
This is a perfect companion for graduate and post-graduate students studying courses on image processing, speech and language processing, signal processing, video object detection and tracking, and related multimedia technologies, with a focus on practical implementations using programming constructs and skill developments. It will also appeal to researchers in the field of pattern recognition, computer vision and content-based retrieval, and for students of MATLAB® courses dealing with media processing, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
Dr. Ranjan Parekh, PhD (Engineering), is Professor at the School of Education Technology, Jadavpur University, Calcutta, India, and is involved with teaching subjects related to Graphics and Multimedia at the post-graduate level. His research interest includes multimedia information processing, pattern recognition, and computer vision.